Thursday, June 14, 2007

zen state

i had an MRI yesterday and when i was done the guy said to me, "do you do a lot of long distance running?"
i said "no. why?"

he said, "because your heart rate was 40."

okay to be exact it was 42. i was hooked up to an EKG so it probably wasn't wrong.

am i really dead, and you guys are just playing a big trick on me making me think i'm not?

or am i just way ahead of myself on this zen meditation thing. i've never even tried it. guess i don't have to.

(but then, trying would be counterproductive since the idea would be to "be" rather than to try or want to be. so i guess i just was...)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm no biologist, but as far as I can tell you're not dead.

Ruth said...

btw - I hope everything is ok (other than the low heart rate - which, 40 is way better than zero, just sayin')

lee said...

i'm okay, thanks. i'm in a study measuring intracranial pressure in pre- and postmenopausal women. i have to go back again for a second MRI to compare my beginning of cycle to my mid-cycle intracranial pressure.
also, if you know of any postmenopausal women on hormone therapy who don't have any metal in their body, my friend really needs them for her study. maybe you can ask your family if they might know anyone...